Photo courtesy of the Las Vegas Raiders
Today, the NFL announced Las Vegas Raiders Quarterback Derek Carr is a finalist for this week’s FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week award for his outstanding performance against the New York Jets. Carr had a standout performance, completing 28 of 47 attempts (59.6 percent) for 381 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception for a 97.9 rating in Week 13.
This is Carr’s second nomination of the season (also Week 5).
Air Nominees (including Carr)
- Cleveland quarterback Baker Mayfield completed 25 of 33 attempts (75.8 percent) for 334 yards and 4 touchdowns for a 147.0 rating in Week 13.
- Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford completed 27 of 42 attempts (64.3 percent) for 402 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception for a 109.4 rating in Week 13.
- Green Bay running back Aaron Jones rushed for 130 yards on 15 attempts (8.7 avg.) and 1 touchdown in Week 13.
- New York Giants running back Wayne Gallman rushed for 135 yards on 16 attempts (8.4 avg.) and in Week 13.
- Denver running back Melvin Gordon rushed for 131 yards on 15 attempts (8.7 avg.) in Week 13.
FedEx is thrilled to highlight their efforts with Direct Relief in honor of the FedEx Air & Ground weekly winners this season. With support from FedEx, Direct Relief will provide an emergency medical backpack to a local community health center in the winning players’ city.
If Carr wins, Volunteers in Medicine (VIM) of Southern Nevada will receive a backpack that will help them take care of 500 people in the community.
Each Monday morning of the regular season, through Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET, fans can visit NFL.com/FedEx or the NFL Twitter page to vote for their favorite performances of the week.